Saturday, May 23, 2009

Points South

I was getting restless hanging out in Alcala with not much to do.  My attempt to take a canyoning guide course in Switzerland fell through, so I decided to pack my bag and head south.  I jumped on a bus and headed to Granada.  It was kind of a random choice but I knew that I wanted to go to Granada before I left, so I figured it was a good place to start.  I ended up staying three days and had a fantastic time.  I'm definitely going back to spend more time there before I leave.  The city just has a much cooler feel to it than either Barcelona or Madrid.  There's so much history, and it's much smaller and more relaxed.  My hostel was across the street from the Alhambra.  Here's the view from the terrace (where I enjoyed many beers and the company of many fine people):


Of course I coughed up the money to enter the Alhambra.  How could I not?  These pictures in no way do it justice.  The amount of work and detail put into the palace are truly incredible.





Here's one with me in it just to prove that I'm actually here and not just finding random pictures from the internet ;-)


I'm now in Tarifa, which is the southernmost point in Europe.  It's also a mecca for kite surfers.  Everybody tells me that I have to go to Morocco, but unfortunately I don't have the time to do it properly right now as I'm headed to Asturias (on the opposite side of the country) to visit family.  But I'll come back in a couple weeks and make it happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, now this is more like it!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home