Monday, June 07, 2010

An Uneventful Winter, Mostly

This past winter in Salt Lake wasn't exactly bad, but it wasn't what we've come to expect. I worked as a snowmaker for Snowbird, a job that would normally end around Xmas. However, as Ullr refused to let loose with the powdery goodness, our season went on and on. By late January I was going crazy, but the snows finally came. Kind of. We got a bit, then it stopped, then we got a bit more; none of the huge dumps that UT is famous for. And hence, I never really got excited about the ski season. Fun was had, good lines were skied, airs were taken, but the excitement of winters past was never forthcoming. Hopefully a function of snowfall, rather than a sign that I'm getting old.
In early March I decided I'd had enough of moping around UT waiting for snow, so I loaded my skis into the truck and headed for Tahoe to visit Miles. I had a great time in my old home. I skied a lot of familiar terrain and found some new stuff as well. An excellent trip and well worth the drive. A few pictures...


Crazy snow crystals found while skinning up Hidden Peak:


Wally and Miles on top of Hidden Peak:


Miles finding a nice line on the way down:


Wally finishing the hike up Maggie's:


Looking out over Desolation Wilderness from the top of Maggie's:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home